Can you tell I’m in a Valentine’s mood?? All week I’ve been sharing Valentine’s crafts and today I have a Valentine’s treat! First I shared my Sparkling Valentine’s Wreath and then I shared my Bookpage Valentine’s Bunting. Today I’m sharing Rice Krispies Hearts! It’s a super simple twist on an old classic recipe!
Rice Krispies Hearts
By January 18, 2013Published:
- Yield: 18 hearts
Can you tell I'm in a Valentine's mood?? All week I've been sharing Valentine's crafts and today I have a Valentine's treat! First …
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. When melted, add in marshmallows and mix until all are melted. Remove from heat.
- Add in red food coloring until you reach the desired red/pink color.
- Stir in Rice Krispies cereal and combine until well coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Using a buttered spatula, press rice krispies mixture into the 9x13 pan. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts of rice krispies treats. Enjoy!
See!? What did I tell you!? So simple! If you want to be adventurous, you can try to mush together the pieces of rice krispies between the hearts to make more hearts. Or you can be more like my hubby and just decide to eat all of those pieces.
Doesn’t the pink give such a fun extra pop of Valentine’s Day!? I love this so much! You can even choose different colors and make different shapes for other holidays. These rice krispies hearts would also make a great treat to bring to your kid’s Valentine’s party at school! Or just for your loved one’s lunch box.
Do you have any special Valentine’s treats?