Once upon a time, life got really really ridiculously
good looking busy. Princess Talitha wished life could slow down so she could, you know, eat… and stuff. But, alas, life refused Talitha’s request and forged ahead, twice as fast as before. Queue me entering, stage left, doing 2 room makeovers/facelifts in 4 weeks. PLUS prepping the house for guests. PLUS doing crazy amounts of yard work to keep the snakes at bay.
By the time my mom got here this past Saturday, I was exhausted. She told me about this great recipe for a little pick-me-up that was packed full of great proteins. Twenty minutes later I had these delicious no bake energy bites!
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Place oats in a food processor and process until oats are a course powder, or about 1 minute. Remove from food processor and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract to oats. Stir until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into a golfball sized balls (about 1 tbsp).
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set balls. Enjoy!
I swear, my mom and I were fighting over these delicious energy bites. When my energy has been lacking after a long day of gardening, I have been grabbing one little bite and its got just enough protein to keep me going.
Something so fantastic about them is that they are totally customizable! You want some raisins? Go for it! Want to go even more healthy and add some wheat germ! Make all the varieties your little squishy heart wants. And seriously, how can you go wrong with no bake??? I dare to say, you can’t!
So tell me, is it just me or is life moving faster and faster?