Hello all my lovely friends! Have you missed me?? I was MIA for a whole week but I’m back at it! I’ve spend my week alternating between being covered in paint and being lazy. Pretty soon I’ll have a bunch of projects to show you but right now, they all sit half finished. It’s been awesome to take a mini-mental vacation but I have missed you all so much!
Not only have I been painting and being lazy, I’ve also been a busy little bee in the kitchen. And since it has been so hot I’ve been wanting some cool and refreshing treats. Now, let me be clear about this amazing dessert. I’m not a huge fan of lemon. I don’t like lemonade, I don’t even really like lemon chicken. It isn’t just that I have a prejudice against lemon. I don’t like most citrus fruits. I have no clue why. I’ve tried them multiple times but just can’t get on board with the flavor. But this?? I could eat the entire batch myself. It is ah-mazing! I love it! And it has quickly become a summer staple that always delivers. I present to you… refreshing lemon pudding bars!
- 1 cup butter, cold
- 2 cups flour
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 oz) package cool whip topping, divided
- 3 cups milk, cold
- 2 packages instant lemon pudding
- Cut butter into flour with a fork or pastry blender until well combined. Press into 9x13 pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar til smooth. Fold in 1 cup cool whip. Spread mixture over cooled crust.
- Beat milk and pudding with a whisk for 2 minutes. Spread pudding over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining cool whip.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before eating. Enjoy!
P.S. Did you notice the nice small pieces I cut for other people and the giant one I cut for myself? Yeah…. I don’t even feel bad about it! HA!
Do you have a go to summer treat?? How are you staying cool during these super hot summer days?