This post is sponsored by Kraft.
Are you guys ready for a whole lotta recipe posts?? I’ve been cooking and baking up a storm and I have a bunch of recipes to share with all of you!
I don’t know about you, but I think these cold and snowy winter days scream for comfort food. And one of my all time favorite comfort foods is mac and cheese. When I was a kid, it was from that wonderful blue Kraft box. Now that I’m all grown up (…mostly. I may or may not still giggle at certain words and noises…) I love to make homemade mac and cheese. But I still love to get a little help from Kraft to really make this creamy mac & cheese pop!
My wonderful mother-in-law gave me this recipe after we scarfed down an entire 9×13 of it. Seriously though… it is my all time favorite mac & cheese recipe.
- 2 cups uncooked pasta (slightly more if you have a large pasta shape)
- ¼ cup butter; cubed
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- ½ lb processed cheese block; cubed
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- 2 cups (8 oz) Kraft shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in flour with a whisk until smooth. Allow to cook for 1 minute. Add in the milk and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add in sour cream, processed cheese block, parmesan, mustard, and pepper, stirring until smooth.
- Drain pasta. Toss pasta with shredded cheddar cheese. Transfer to a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add cheese sauce and mix well.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and starting to golden.
Honestly, I’m a big fan of Kraft brand. I love just about all of their products. And right now, they are offering up to $20 in savings on participating Kraft products, only at Target. I know I’ll be stocking up for some more holiday cooking.
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.