Hello all my wonderful friends! Thanks to the wonder that is technology (woo for scheduling posts), I am currently on a plane to Orlando, Florida for a week with family in Disney World! Woot!
Even though I’m gone, I wanted to share one more post with you guys before taking a week off. Today I’m sharing a recipe that screams “FALL!” to me. I know that donuts aren’t necessarily a fall food, but these Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts definitely taste a bit like fall. Plus, they are baked. And turning on the oven is definitely not something that I am willing to do in the summer heat. They are tasty and cakey and all things yummy.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Combine thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the 2 tbsp melted butter, milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour the batter into a large ziploc bag and snip off the corner. Pipe batter into donut pan until each donut cavity is ⅔ full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and donut is springy. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. To remove the donuts, turn pan upside down and tap a couple times until all the donuts fall out.
- For the cinnamon sugar topping, melt ½ cup of butter a microwave safe bowl. In another bowl, mix ½ cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Dip each donut first in the butter (allowing excess to drip off) and then into the cinnamon sugar. Enjoy!
It definitely doesn’t hurt that these donuts are baked and therefore better for you than normal fried donuts. Though I do use the phrase “better for you” quite liberally here. Afterall, they are dipped in butter. Ha.
How do you spell donuts/doughnuts?