If you are anything like me, sometimes you buy things with every intention to use them before they go bad. Most of the time I feel bad but there is one exception when I am overjoyed! You see, this week I let my bananas get all brown and mushy. You know what that means… banana bread. And better yet, my all time favorite, Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread!
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar. Stir in the egg until well combined. Add in the mayonnaise and mashed bananas.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Blend into the banana mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Bake for 50 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan.
This chocolate chunk banana bread is, by far, the best banana bread you will ever have! It is moist and soft and chocolate chunky! I love it so much. So quick! Go buy some bananas and “forget” to use them!